[OmniOS-discuss] Old OpenSolaris Zones in OmniOS?

Theo Schlossnagle jesus at omniti.com
Tue Aug 7 11:06:33 EDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 10:55 AM, Benjamin Grogg <info at thetube.ch> wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> I run OpenSolaris svn_134 on my Homeserver. My idea is switch to OmniOS.
> The base installation is on a single physical disk. All data are in a
> mirrored pool (two other physical disks).
> I have 7 ipkg zones (Data on the mirrored pool).
> Now my questions :
>
> 1) Can I use (import) my 7 zones under OmniOS or I have create all
> zones from scratch?

ipkg does upgrade on import and my guess is that this will be utter
hell.  I think you're going to have to redo them.

> 2) I run VirtualBox in a Zone. Anyone try this under OmniOS? (If it's
> possible to run KVM on a AMD-V I would switch)

Virtualbox in a zone works fine.  You'll likely have a better overall
experience with KVM on Intel. AMD-V is not currently supported on
illumos-kvm.

--
Theo Schlossnagle

http://omniti.com/is/theo-schlossnagle