[OmniOS-discuss] Another OmniOS Software Repository.

Denis Cheong denis at denisandyuki.net
Sun Aug 12 10:13:34 EDT 2012

That's awesome, thanks Benjamin.

Is there a particular reason why it installs to /usr/local/transmission
rather than just /usr/local ?

Also, if you really want to take the packaging to the next level, these are
all the steps required to install it as a service:
http://www.dev-eth0.de/installing-a-bittorrent-client-with-webgui-on-opensolaris/

It would be really neat if all of this were included in the package ...
I've already done all this manually so not necessary for me.

I spent hours trying to get transmission compiled on OmniOS ... is there an
easy trick to getting a working GNU compilation environment up and running?