[OmniOS-discuss] zones on external storage

Sriram Narayanan sriram at belenix.org
Sat Dec 15 11:29:51 EST 2012

On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 9:17 PM, Michael Stapleton
<michael.stapleton at techsologic.com> wrote:
> Sorry, no live migration of individual zones in Solaris 11 either.

Here is the documentation stating that there is Cold migration only :
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18440_01/doc.111/e18415/chapter_zones.htm#autoId34

Implementing Zone Live migration would be similar to KVM/Xen live
migration in terms of implementation - perhaps even more. This would
be something that folks like Jerry Jelinek and others at Joyent would
be able to comment on and implement (he is a leading Zones developer).

Belenix: www.belenix.org