[OmniOS-discuss] [smartos-discuss] Re: Mount NTFS USB under OmniOS

Jay Fenton na.nu at na.nu
Sun Dec 30 09:27:01 EST 2012

Hi Fabio,

I'd suggest the easiest (and I use the term loosely) way to do this
would be to bring up a Linux VM and, assuming it's supported, pass
the raw USB device through to it. You can then mount your zpool via
NFS from the global zone.

I'm using SmartOS, and vmadm(1m) seems to imply that the -usb and
-usbdevice are supported through qemu_opts. I'm not sure what value
you would use for -usbdevice as it's normally host:VendorID:ProductID,
and normally you can find these from /sbin/lsusb on Linux - not sure
of the equivalent in Solaris land.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Jay Fenton