[OmniOS-discuss] Installer Crashes While 'Probing for DeviceNodes'

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Thu Oct 4 20:51:33 EDT 2012

On 10/4/2012 3:54 PM, Eric Sproul wrote:

> Unfortunately there isn't an easy way.

Aw, well...

> It might be possible to include that in our /etc/release but I think
> that would require tracking the illumos-gate IDs separately from
> illumos-omnios ones. It's the latter that get encoded in various
> places (uname -v, /etc/motd) depending on when they are built.

So would the non-easy way then be to clone your git repo, find the
commit corresponding to the OmniOS release in use, and see if the commit
of interest from upstream was merged before that?

How do you tell which commit in your git repo a given release is from?
The one I have installed reports "eae537b" but that doesn't seem to be a
substring of any commit in your repo?

Thanks...