[OmniOS-discuss] Difference Between Stable and Bloody

Eric Sproul esproul at omniti.com
Tue Oct 16 09:51:26 EDT 2012

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 5:14 AM, Sam M <emunch at utmi.in> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Just joined the mailing list.
>
> What's the difference between the two releases - stable and bloody?
> Specifically with reference to the Openindiana release?

Hi Sam, welcome.  There's no relation whatsoever to OpenIndiana
releases here.  We're a separate distribution with our own schedule.
Stable releases are just that-- stable with respect to version
changes.  If you want more cutting-edge, then bloody is where it's at.

We are aiming for a 6-month cycle of stable releases, with bloody as a
testing ground in between.  The next stable release is in the works
and will be out Real Soon Now(tm).

HTH,
Eric