[OmniOS-discuss] Some questions about omnios

Agostinho Sousa agsousa at metalcon.pt
Tue Oct 23 18:51:08 EDT 2012

Hi,

First, thanks for the great system.
I hope you continue your dedication to it.

I'm in the middle of decision to put omnios on my servers as
virtualization base (omnios+iscsi san + kvm).
I intent to use  omnios virtual machines as fileserver, mail server and
webserver.

The omnios discuss list is very young and to small. But Theo was very
fast in help us to resolve our problems.
Must I feel confidente on put omnios on production?

BTW
I note that when I copy files using scp between servers with omnios I
obtain 30Mbs, Between  Linux I obtain 131Mbs
But after I share a zfs with smb I obtain transfers close 110Mbs. Is scp
protocol fault?