[OmniOS-discuss] Unable to install Bind9 server

Eric Sproul esproul at omniti.com
Wed Apr 3 10:05:52 EDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 1:56 AM, C. L. Martinez <carlopmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks to all. I see the package in ms.omniti.com repo, but if I am not
> worng, there is not exist SMF start-up files for any of these packages,
> correct??

Generally speaking, that's correct.  The packages in ms.omniti.com
were developed for OmniTI's in-house use, where we have a diverse set
of client projects and environments.  Many of the packages don't have
a stock SMF manifest simply because each project usually brings their
own (and keeps the manifest in their SCM repo).  Others are missing
out of sheer laziness. :)

I'd encourage anyone who feels like sharing their SMF manifests to do
so, as I see Robin already has.

Eric