[OmniOS-discuss] Auto snapshots?

Dan Swartzendruber dswartz at druber.com
Tue Apr 23 10:56:47 EDT 2013

Eric, thanks for the quick reply.  I understand things may be changing on
the fly.  My feeling is that ZFS snaps done this way are going to be crash
consistent, just like pulling a plug on a physical server.  I realize
there is a chance one or more VMs will not like the result, but it is
better than the 100% chance I have if I get a borked VM and have no backup
:)  I am looking at using Veeam Backup and Replication to do periodic
backups (and it supposedly *does* do guest FS quiescing, IIRC).  For the
moment, I just want some kind of safety net.  I guess for the moment, I
can just put in a cron job to run every hour and manually clean old
entries...