[OmniOS-discuss] [zfs] SSD alignment, EFI label rpool support

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Fri Aug 2 02:24:22 UTC 2013

On 8/1/2013 1:21 PM, Jim Klimov wrote:

> As can be seen in src.illumos.org, the GNU parted (or some derivate
> thereof) is even part of the illumos-gate, so it is not a non-illumos
> tool now ;)

Cool; I didn't know that.

It looks like Solaris 11 supports booting from an EFI-labled rpool now;
given grub is GPL, presumably they had to release the modifications to
do that? I wonder how cleanly they would integrate into illumos, it
would be nice to get away from the requirement for SMI labels on rpool.