[OmniOS-discuss] R720 reset magic?

Thibault VINCENT thibault.vincent at smartjog.com
Fri Aug 2 00:24:27 UTC 2013

> I'm trying out OmniOS 151006l on a new R720, and have noticed that a
> "shutdown -i6" style shutdown does not reboot the server.  It goes
> through the "syncing disks..." and "done" phases, then just stops there.
>  Power remains on.

Hello Marion,

I confirm I get the same behaviour with two R720xd all firmwares
up-to-date. Power also stays on after "reboot -c" and most of the time
after a kernel crash dump.

But I have no solution and did not investigate yet because my servers
currently have way more serious problems with mpath.

Cheers

--
Thibault VINCENT - Infrastructure Operations Engineer
SmartJog | T: +33 1 5868 6238