[OmniOS-discuss] Hello world, and some newcomers questions :)

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Fri Aug 2 16:34:05 UTC 2013

... and a few more questions:

1) Does the stable or bloody ISO include relatively recent illumos
gate features such as LZ4 compression for rpools? I am a bit alarmed
that the filename timestamp for bloody involves February 2013, if I
read it right... ;)

2) Is there an out-of-the-box or via simple hackery a way to get
the omnios rootfs onto an existing rpool, perhaps one of an older
version (think SXCE/Sol10)?

3) Installing additional SVR4 packages in GZ and LZs should not be
a problem, right? :)

Thanks again,
//Jim