[OmniOS-discuss] plumb ifaces automatically after install

Theo Schlossnagle jesus at omniti.com
Sat Aug 10 13:29:23 UTC 2013

In OmniOS, we opted for a single way to add an interface instead of the
"one way during install and another way generally."

http://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/GeneralAdministration

If you are using Kayak to install, you can make this happen post-boot via
the initial-boot SMF bits.

On Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 5:56 AM, Alexander Eremin <
alexander.r.eremin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all
> just installed bloody on VBox and has only loopback iface (cause
> sysidtool-net script is missed)
> If sysidtool service was not added by some reason, may be it's
> functionality must be added to some own omnios smf script: whether there
> are here any plans?
>
> Thanks,
> Alexander

Theo Schlossnagle