[OmniOS-discuss] Overheating faults with ST4000NM0023

Thibault VINCENT thibault.vincent at smartjog.com
Wed Aug 14 11:44:33 UTC 2013

On 08/06/2013 02:57 PM, Saso Kiselkov wrote:
> While Google's paper on this is highly informative, keep also in mind
> that it was written with 2007 and earlier technology in mind.

Thanks Saso, it's true it might have changed. MTBF of these modern disks
is asserted for a case temperature of 40°C which might be the optimal
from manufacturer standpoint, and it's not so close to Google's 45 or
way off usual DC conditions.

Anyway Seagate is currently working on this case and I'll keep the list
informed for reference.

Cheers,

--
Thibault VINCENT - Infrastructure Engineer
SmartJog | T: +33 1 5868 6238