[OmniOS-discuss] ZFS Questions

Saso Kiselkov skiselkov.ml at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 19:17:36 UTC 2013

On 8/22/13 8:00 PM, "Daniel D. Gonçalves" wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have many questions about the ZFS on OmniOS:

Hi Daniel,

> 1) It is possible to stop the RESILVER?

Offline the device.

> 2) I can not remove the device FAULTED:
>
> "              c17t22d1   FAULTED      0     0     0  corrupted data"
>
> root at storage01:~# zpool offline STORAGE01 c17t22d1
> cannot offline c17t22d1: no valid replicas
> root at storage01:~# zpool detach STORAGE01 c17t22d1
> cannot detach c17t22d1: no valid replicas
> root at storage01:~# zpool remove STORAGE01 c17t22d1
> cannot remove c17t22d1: only inactive hot spares, cache, top-level, or
> log devices can be removed
> root at storage01:~#

Detach only works on vdevs in a mirror. If your disk is in a raidz or is
in no redundancy group at all (aka top-level vdev), you have to replace
it. ZFS doesn't at the moment allow for removing drives in ways that
reduces the total capacity of the pool.

> 3) The STATUS "Replacing-1" never changes, how do?
>
> Below, the status of my POOL:
>
> root at storage01:~# zpool status
>   pool: STORAGE01
>  state: DEGRADED
> status: One or more devices is currently being resilvered.  The pool will
>         continue to function, possibly in a degraded state.
> action: Wait for the resilver to complete.
>   scan: resilver in progress since Thu Aug 22 14:28:34 2013
>     696G scanned out of 18.3T at 113M/s, 45h31m to go
>     166G resilvered, 3.71% done
> config:
>
>         NAME             STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
>         STORAGE01        DEGRADED     0     0     0
>           mirror-0       ONLINE       0     0     0
>             c17t36d1     ONLINE       0     0     0
>             c17t19d1     ONLINE       0     0     0
>           mirror-1       DEGRADED     0     0     0
>             c17t24d1     ONLINE       0     0     0  (resilvering)
>             replacing-1  DEGRADED     0     0     0
>               c17t22d1   FAULTED      0     0     0  corrupted data
>               c17t33d1   ONLINE       0     0     0  (resilvering)
>               c17t21d1   ONLINE       0     0     0  (resilvering)
>           mirror-2       ONLINE       0     0     0
>             c17t18d1     ONLINE       0     0     0
>             c17t17d1     ONLINE       0     0     0
>           mirror-3       ONLINE       0     0     0
>             c17t20d1     ONLINE       0     0     0
>             c17t22d1     ONLINE       0     0     0
>           mirror-5       ONLINE       0     0     0
>             c17t25d1     ONLINE       0     0     0
>             c17t27d1     ONLINE       0     0     0
>           mirror-6       ONLINE       0     0     0
>             c17t26d1     ONLINE       0     0     0
>             c17t28d1     ONLINE       0     0     0
>           mirror-7       ONLINE       0     0     0
>             c17t29d1     ONLINE       0     0     0
>             c17t31d1     ONLINE       0     0     0
>           mirror-8       ONLINE       0     0     0
>             c17t32d1     ONLINE       0     0     0
>             c17t30d1     ONLINE       0     0     0
>           mirror-9       ONLINE       0     0     0
>             c17t23d1     ONLINE       0     0     0
>             c17t34d1     ONLINE       0     0     0
>         logs
>           mirror-4       ONLINE       0     0     0
>             c14t1d0      ONLINE       0     0     0
>             c14t3d0      ONLINE       0     0     0
>         cache
>           c14t4d0        ONLINE       0     0     0
>
> errors: 11 data errors, use '-v' for a list
>
>   pool: rpool
>  state: ONLINE
>   scan: none requested
> config:
>
>         NAME         STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
>         rpool        ONLINE       0     0     0
>           c14t5d0s0  ONLINE       0     0     0
>
> errors: No known data errors
> root at storage01:~#

You somehow managed to damage your pool by shuffling devices around too
liberally, leaving you with both halves of the mirror in a bad state.
It's quite difficult to tell at this stage what's going on. Let it run
for a while and you'll see if its making any progress. By the looks of
it it should take another 45 hours to complete (large pools take a long
time to resilver, that's just a fact of life).

--
Saso