[OmniOS-discuss] Advanced format disks – 512E

Matthew Frazer mattfrazer at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 02:01:56 UTC 2013

WRT sensitivity is note #3 here inaccurate?
https://www.illumos.org/issues/2665#note-3

As an example, here is a device that is particularly problematic...
The HDS721010DLE630 which reports itself to the OS as vid = "ATA "  and pid
= "Hitachi HDS72101" which should be handled by the following in sd.conf

sd-config-list =
    "ATA     HITACHI HDS72101", "physical-block-size:4096";

However, it isn't. Nor is it caught by any amount of wildcarding around all
or portions of those ID strings. Pools create stubbornly at ashift 9.

Any advice?

-mjf

--
It is in love that we are made, in love we disappear.
-Leonard Cohen