[OmniOS-discuss] Possible to run desktop applications via ssh -X or similar?

Valrhona valrhona at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 06:58:17 UTC 2013

This works, and is a HUGE help to my work. Thanks so much!

When I launch nautilus, though, I do get an error that comes up many,
many times.

(nautilus:18312): Eel-WARNING **: GConf error:
  Failed to contact configuration server; the most common cause is a
missing or misconfigured D-Bus session bus daemon. See
http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information. (Details -  1:
Failed to get connection to session: Error spawning command line
`dbus-launch --autolaunch=9c0c30846e3e8e82c3e14f6b52185569
--binary-syntax --close-stderr': Child process exited with code 1)

One other error crops up once at the beginning:
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"

Does anyone know what this is?

Thanks again!

Peter