[OmniOS-discuss] non-amd64 code depends on amd64 privileged header!

Henrik Johansson henrikj at henkis.net
Mon Aug 26 19:36:07 UTC 2013

Hello,

I am trying OmniOS as a replacement for my OpenIndiana deployment. I  did however get into trouble when compiling netatalk, and based on Google the problem is not limited to netatalk. I am uncertain if this is a generic illumos problem introduced after OpenIndiana stagnated or if it is something unique to OmniOS.

Here it is:
gmake[3]: Entering directory `/zpool01/build/netatalk/netatalk-3.0.5/etc/uams'
  CC       uams_guest.lo
In file included from /usr/include/sys/regset.h:420:0,
                 from /usr/include/sys/ucontext.h:36,
                 from /usr/include/sys/signal.h:245,
                 from /usr/include/sys/procset.h:42,
                 from /usr/include/sys/wait.h:43,
                 from /usr/include/stdlib.h:38,
                 from uams_guest.c:11:
/usr/include/amd64/sys/privregs.h:42:2: error: #error "non-amd64 code depends on amd64 privileged header!"

This was using GCC 4.7 but I get the same error with 4.4. If i remove the check from the privregs.h header everything seems to compile fine.

Regards
Henrik