[OmniOS-discuss] R720 reset magic?

Thibault VINCENT thibault.vincent at smartjog.com
Tue Aug 27 20:14:21 UTC 2013

On 08/27/2013 06:02 PM, Saso Kiselkov wrote:
>> After 7 attempts it seems pretty sure uadmin reboot works
>> everytime :) What could that suggest ? I was thinking about
>> some kind of blocking I/O or device since the server was
>> tested in these situations, but that doesn't make much sense..
>
> You wouldn't by any coincidence happen to be running COMSTAR? :)

Not at all..
As said in the ticket it happens with freshly installed OmniOS, and it's
quite possible the only times I see a reboot work is when the server was
started minutes ago. On the other hand it also stalls when running for
some time while didn't even got an ssh client, I don't say I always run
stuff before the issue is seen. Uptime just seem to matter as it's easy
to get a reboot sooner.

Cheers

--
Thibault VINCENT - Infrastructure Engineer
SmartJog | T: +33 1 5868 6238