[OmniOS-discuss] trouble compiling OmniOS

Eric Sproul esproul at omniti.com
Fri Feb 22 09:53:43 EST 2013

Hi Kent,
We need to spruce up the build instructions; as you've noted, they are
a little sparse in places.  Generally when we (OmniTI) are building
new illumos bits, we are doing so on bloody.  The master branch of the
build repo assumes you're on bloody, which is why it's indicating
gcc47 instead of gcc46.

You've also noted that there are issues upgrading from r151004 to
bloody, which we're aware of and working through as we prep for the
next stable release.  There have been more changes in this cycle than
in the previous one.  For now, your best bet would be to do a fresh
install directly to bloody.

I'll look at getting the docs updated to be more clear.
Eric