[OmniOS-discuss] trouble compiling OmniOS

Theo Schlossnagle jesus at omniti.com
Fri Feb 22 21:35:40 EST 2013

Kent, you are indeed close. If you are just trying to build Illumos, you
only want to build the illumos directory in the build system. Skip buildctl
and just:

cd illumos
./build.sh

That package server is where you want to publish your built packages after
they are built, so a public one wouldn't do, there is documentation on the
public omnios wiki on how to set up your own package server. The various
stuff in the build system is for building all the supporting parts of
omnios; "Illumos" is just the kernel.

Luckily, you can get a complete build and local IPS packaging of just the
gate bits from the above mentioned command.