[OmniOS-discuss] to swap or not to swap

Richard PALO richard.palo at baou.fr
Wed Jun 5 05:00:09 EDT 2013

Le 18/04/13 21:17, Eric Sproul a écrit :
> Swap may also be located off the boot pool if desired.  It is the dump
> volume that must be on the boot pool, because it may need to be
> accessed early in the boot process, before non-root pools have been
> imported.
>
> Eric

Hi,
Pirating this thread a bit...

Although I can't seem to quickly put my finger on the install script, it
would be nice if when the swap volume is created that the zfs create
command specify the blocksize as such :

# zfs create -V 8G -b $(pagesize) rpool/swap

(8G is only an example here)

I noticed 8K default swap blocksize on amd64 instead of 4K, I understand
8K is normally for SPARC.