[OmniOS-discuss] statistics

Richard Elling richard.elling at richardelling.com
Thu Jun 6 16:05:34 EDT 2013

On Jun 6, 2013, at 12:34 PM, Michael Palmer <palmertime at gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess the main question was graphical statistics.  Besides buying
> oracle storage I would suggest an network management system like
> opennms.  There are lots of chooses out there but not sure if that is
> the best solution.
>
> Now for non-graphical,  I would say dtrace.  Google nicstat, zilstat,
> arcsummary.  Also, there is 'zpool iostat -v 1' and 'iostat -x 1'

These tend to be useful for general-purpose bottleneck identification.
But in a storage server situation, you need something that is more specific
to the protocol. Fortunately, there is nfssvrtop and friends:
https://github.com/richardelling/tools

These show the internal latency of serving NFS, iSCSI, and CIFS.
See the preso there to understand where the data is being collected.
 -- richard

> Thanks,
> Michael
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jun 6, 2013, at 11:26 AM, "Fábio Rabelo" <fabio at fabiorabelo.wiki.br> wrote:
>
>> Hi to all
>>
>> First, thanks a lot for the product, it is realy great !
>>
>> My question now :
>>
>> Is there any way to make a graphical statsics od ZFS performance ?
>>
>> I have some botleneck in my sistem ( OminOS V 0.9a9 Nightly mar 04 2013 + Napp-it ) that I can not identify ...
>>
>> It stores all VMs in a Proxmox Cluster with 5 nodes and 14 mixed VMs ( 3 W2K12 Server, 2 Win7Pro and all others Linux Debian or Ubuntu ) .
>>
>> There are a 10 GB switcher to interconnect all nodes and Storage .
>>
>> Almost all aplications are running fine and fast .
>>
>> The exception are a Debian running Oracle 11G .
>>
>> I just do not know how to find out what I have to do  ...
>>

>> Fábio Rabelo

Richard.Elling at RichardElling.com
+1-760-896-4422