[OmniOS-discuss] group membership trouble (ngroups_max)

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Mon Jun 10 17:23:43 EDT 2013

On 6/10/2013 1:48 PM, Tobias Oetiker wrote:

> answering my own question ...
>
> the problem seems to be this
>
>    https://www.illumos.org/issues/3691

I hadn't had a chance to reply to your original message yet, but I had
this exact problem under S10U10 – as the ticket says, they switched to a
binary search for finding groups, but neglected to sort the groups 8-/.

Unfortunately I guess Oracle took their toys home before their fix for
that found its way into OpenSolaris :(.

I'll take a look at it, but my previous OI-based illumos dev environment
disappeared on me when we had a SAN failure at work, so I don't
currently have one. I really don't want to have to build another OI box,
ideally I'd like to start doing upstream illumos dev work under omnios.
There's been some talk of supporting that, but there's some base level
of work that needs to be done first...

I'll check on the illumos dev list, that's a pretty nasty bug, maybe
somebody's already got a fix for it but hasn't pushed it back yet.