[OmniOS-discuss] KVM & virtio

Eric Sproul esproul at omniti.com
Tue Jun 11 13:47:19 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 12:53 PM, Johan Kragsterman
<johan.kragsterman at capvert.se> wrote:
> Thanks, Eric, we tried it with a ubuntu, and it went actually smooth, can't believe it, first time right away!
>
> We will do some tests and see how we can let SMF manage start and stop, I saw someone on the web did that.
>
> But right now, how in the f--k do I start and stop the VM? Stop it is of coarse no probs, but how do I start it again?

Have a look at http://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/VirtualMachinesKVM
for ideas.  Basically you start a VM by calling
/usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64 with all the appropriate arguments.
Typically folks will encapsulate that in a script of some sort to make
it easier to manage.  I've just added a sample SMF manifest to that
wiki page.

Eric