[OmniOS-discuss] Python 2.7?

Eric Sproul esproul at omniti.com
Mon Jun 17 09:55:09 EDT 2013

Hi Garrett,
We don't yet have python 2.7 builds.  It likely won't appear in the
OmniOS core unless/until illumos-gate requires it.  It's more likely
that it would appear in the ms.omniti.com repo (the one we use for our
own managed services platform).  Our "layer cake" approach to package
delivery is well-suited to this sort of add-on; you could take a look
at http://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/Packaging and the template branch
of omnios-build:
https://github.com/omniti-labs/omnios-build/tree/template

Pulling in the existing 2.6 build script would be a good starting
point for a 2.7 build.  We're happy to help if need be.

Eric