[OmniOS-discuss] Building illumos-omnios

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Mon Jun 17 15:00:53 EDT 2013

On 6/16/2013 8:00 PM, Dale Ghent wrote:

> Are you not building this on Bloody?

No; if I were developing omnios itself, I probably would be. But at the
moment I'm trying to leverage omnios as a development platform for
upstream illumos-gate work, and I'd prefer a stable system for that as
opposed to dealing with any quirks that might pop up in bloody. As
illumos-gate won't currently compile under omnios, I was going to try
Theo's method of doing upstream work based on illumos-omnios and see how
it worked out.

> Building the master branch requires Bloody - and now even moreso
> because openjdk 7 replaced Sun JDK 6 in Bloody recently, and
> illumos-omnios had to be adjusted to match - which is what your
> errors are related to.

At this point it looks like I'll either have to try bloody for upstream
development, convince illumos-dev to go ahead and drop those bits of the
gate that won't compile under omnios so I can use illumos-gate directly
rather than illumos-omnios, or give up and just build another OI box <sigh>…

Thanks…