[OmniOS-discuss] Building illumos-omnios

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Mon Jun 17 15:04:12 EDT 2013

On 6/14/2013 4:51 PM, Chris Nehren wrote:

>> Is this a known issue? Did I do something wrong? Is this from the cross
>> pollination of stable omnios-build and master illumos-omnios?
>
> Quite probably. You'll want to match the version you're running with the
> version you're building. Check the branches in the repo you checked
> out--you should see e.g. r151004, r151006. Check out the one you're
> running on and try building again.

Unfortunately, working with the stable branch of illumos-onmnios isn't
going to meet my needs, as it is surely already or will be soon too far
out of sync with upstream illumos-gate to be a good basis for working on
changes to that.

I guess I'll probably just have to build another OI box until someday
illumos-gate supports building under omnios or there's another purpose
built reference platform for illumos development.

Thanks…