[OmniOS-discuss] kstat -p gives segfault on OmniOS r151006

Robin Smidsrød robin at smidsrod.no
Sun Jun 23 07:12:06 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,

I'm having a problem with kstat -p segfaulting on me.

I've included the output from truss here:
https://gist.github.com/robinsmidsrod/5844493

A user on irc (gcbirzan) confirmed that he did not get a segfault on a
clean install of r151006, so it seems this might be related to some
stmf_tgt-related configuration which is confusing kstat. He also
confirmed that he got the same segfault on his system that has some
iscsi targets setup. This is his exact uttering:

"<gcbirzan> I get the same :) but I always assumed it's because I hacked
libiscsit to have more than 255 targets"

I have not hacked anything on my system, running standard versions of
all software.

Any chance of a fix and a backport to stable?

Not sure what kind of info you'd need to debug things further, but ask
and I shall provide.

-- Robin