[OmniOS-discuss] Newbie Help. Where's my network interface?

Nate Smith nsmith at careyweb.com
Wed May 1 17:08:02 EDT 2013

I just did a new install of OmniOS off the

OmniOS_Text_r151004n.iso

I have been using systems and hardware that worked with openindiana, but my network interface is nowhere to be found.
I am using an intel Pro 1000P pci-e card on an Dell Poweredge 610.  I
It is listed as Intel Corporation 82546GB Gigabit Ethernet Controller in the illumian compatibility list
When I do an ifconfig -a, I only get the loopback interfaces.

I can use the network card in another OS, so I know nothing is wrong with it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks