[OmniOS-discuss] cannot remove temp dir

Matthieu Paindavoine ctordtor at yahoo.fr
Thu May 9 16:50:39 EDT 2013

The behavior with /usr/bin/rm is the same (the error message is different:
rm: Unable to remove directory cabal-install-1.16.0.2-21814: Directory not empty)

I am trying to install a Haskell environment. I initially set my goal, like you mentioned, on the haskell-platform. But it depends on OpenGL, and I can't find it available. So I decided to just install ghc-7.4.2 and cabal.

I used the ghc-7.0.3 binary distribution available on www.haskell.org to bootstrap the ghc-7.4.2 source distribution, and it compiled successfully.
I then installed cabal with the bootstrap.sh (--global) script found in the cabal-install source, and it installed fine too, and suggested I upgrade to the latest version available with 'cabal install --global cabal-install', that's when it started turning sour (the build log I included in my previous mail).

Thanks for your help.

Matthieu