[OmniOS-discuss] SSL certificate problem with pkgrecv in r151006

Theo Schlossnagle jesus at omniti.com
Thu May 9 23:25:30 EDT 2013

Hi Andy,

I've fixed this in bloody.  The URL you provided tosses:

; pkgrecv --newest -s https://ips.citrus-it.net/
pkgrecv: https protocol error: code: 401 reason: Unauthorized

So, I'm not certain it completely works.  If you've got a bloody install
somewhere and do a 'pkg update pkg' you can test it.

Best regards,

Theo

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 6:16 PM, Andy <omnios at citrus-it.net> wrote:

> Not sure where to report issues but after updating to r151006, I can no
> longer use pkgrecv against HTTPS repositories:
>
>     # pkgrecv --newest -s https://ips.citrus-it.net/
>     pkgrecv: Unable to locate a CA directory: /etc/openssl/certs
>     Secure connection is not available.
>
> I'm aware that the certificate directory was changed between
> r151004 and r151006 so it just looks like the pkg tools need updating.
> (Also, thankfully, /usr/ssl/certs now links properly :))
>
> Creating a symbolic link from /etc/ssl -> /etc/openssl resolves the
> problem in the short term.
>
> --
> Citrus IT Limited | +44 (0)870 199 8000 | enquiries at citrus-it.co.uk
> Rock House Farm | Green Moor | Wortley | Sheffield | S35 7DQ
> Registered in England and Wales | Company number 4899123

Theo Schlossnagle

http://omniti.com/is/theo-schlossnagle