[OmniOS-discuss] nfsv4 acls wtf moment

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Wed May 15 17:37:11 EDT 2013

On 5/12/2013 1:00 AM, Natxo Asenjo wrote:

> I see the illumos nfs 4.1 project is a bti 'inactive' ;-), but it'll
> come one day I guess.

I think Nexenta was working on it back when Garrett was employed there,
I remember he told me it was under development but they weren't sure
when it would be integrated upstream. I'm not sure what's going on with
nexenta lately, the deb-based distribution illumian seems to be
stillborn, and I don't think even their commercial product has been
updated to be based on illumos (other than maybe a beta) rather than
opensolaris with various things backported.

Hopefully nexenta or one of the commercial illumos vendors will get that
going, that's probably a big project. As it becomes available in other
options, it's going to start turning into a requirement to be competitive.

> no, it does when moving a file though :
>
> $ mv testmove /net/zfstank.ipa.asenjo.nx/tank/testshare/
> mv: preserving permissions for
> `/net/zfstank.ipa.asenjo.nx/tank/testshare/testmove': Operation not
> permitted

Yes, the move does a separate open and then chmod, so the direct call to
chmod gets a failure.