[OmniOS-discuss] Updated release: r151006c

Steffen Kram sk at kram.io
Fri May 17 06:36:00 EDT 2013

Hi,

maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I'm not able to pkg update my non-global zones after upgrading the global zone to r151006c. As stated on the release notes page, I shut down my non-global zones, updated the global-zone, went through a reboot, stared the non-global zones again and tried to update them as well:

# pkg update
            Packages to update:   5
       Create boot environment: Yes
Create backup boot environment:  No

DOWNLOAD                                  PKGS       FILES    XFER (MB)
Completed                                  5/5     334/334    14.9/14.9

pkg: Unable to clone the current boot environment.

I then tried to prevent pkg update from cloning the boot environment:

# pkg update --no-backup-be --deny-new-be

pkg update: The proposed operation cannot be performed on a live image.

As you see, this did not work either. Any suggestions what I'm doing wrong and how I can update my non-global zones?

Cheers, Steffen