[OmniOS-discuss] some problems with last update to bloody omnios-8d266aa 64-bit

Theo Schlossnagle jesus at omniti.com
Sun May 19 11:40:40 EDT 2013

I think eric might have played with 5.16.3 in bloody and then removed it.
 It is bloody after all.  Force install 5.16.1 and you'll be a happier
person.

We do intend to move the perl version forward, but there's stuff in gate
that has to happen first and we want to parameterize it instead of hacking
it for a 3rd time.

On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 11:13 AM, Richard PALO <richard.palo at baou.fr> wrote:

> Le 19/05/13 16:29, Theo Schlossnagle a écrit :
>
>  5.16.3?  I've only got 5.16.1 here.  OmniOS and bloody public repos both
>> show 5.16.1.
>>
>> Can you provide details on your 5.16.3 package?
>>

> wow, maybe I should be worried...
>
>  root at omni1:~# perl -v
>>
>> This is perl 5, version 16, subversion 3 (v5.16.3) built for
>> i86pc-solaris-thread-multi-**64int
>>
>> Copyright 1987-2012, Larry Wall
>>
>> Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or
>> the
>> GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 source kit.
>>
>> Complete documentation for Perl, including FAQ lists, should be found on
>> this system using "man perl" or "perldoc perl".  If you have access to the
>> Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.org/, the Perl Home Page.
>>
>> root at omni1:~# pkg list -v perl
>> FMRI
>>     IFO