[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS and i350 addin cards

Aleš Jagrič, Fora d.o.o. ales.jagric at forum-racunalnistva.eu
Mon May 27 05:02:15 EDT 2013

Hey guys,

I'm playing around with a new server and two of the NICS (one dual port and one quad) are using the i350 intel chipset.

This is where things get strange, I can see the onboard cards

prtconf -D | grep pci15d9,1521
            pci15d9,1521, instance #0 (driver name: igb)
            pci15d9,1521, instance #1 (driver name: igb)

dladm show-phys
LINK         MEDIA                STATE      SPEED  DUPLEX    DEVICE
igb0         Ethernet             up         1000   full      igb0
igb1         Ethernet             up         1000   full      igb1

lspci | grep -i ethernet
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation I350 Gigabit Network Connection (rev 01)
02:00.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation I350 Gigabit Network Connection (rev 01)

But the two addin cards are nowhere to be seen.

This is a supermicro server with one intel xeon E5-2609 and X9DR6-F motherboard.

Any pointers?

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged information and is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. E-mail message is scanned by Anti-Virus Software.