[OmniOS-discuss] virtualbox installed on omnios latest stable

Geoff Nordli geoffn at gnaa.net
Tue May 28 11:57:30 EDT 2013

On 13-05-27 11:23 PM, Geoff Nordli wrote:
> Anyone have any success installing vbox on omnios?
>
> I just did the install and it says it is partially installed.
>
> I know there were some errors because it tries to use the netbow
> (crossbow) network driver instead of the streams based one.
>
> I am sure there are some other reasons it doesn't work as well.

I should have known this, you have to force the streams driver
installation using:  touch /etc/vboxinst_vboxflt

As well, since OmniOS doesn't include X11, the VirtualBox GUI interface
doesn't work, but I don't really care about the gui.

The last thing is an error with zoneaccess, but vbox still installs
properly.

svcadm: svc:/system/svc/restarter:default is misconfigured (lacks
"restarter" property group).
svcadm: Instance "svc:/application/virtualbox/zoneaccess:default" has
unsatisfied dependencies.
    * Warning!! Loading Zone access service  ...FAILED.
    * Warning!! Refer
/var/svc/log/application-virtualbox-zoneaccess:default.log for details.

Geoff