[OmniOS-discuss] Overheating faults with ST4000NM0023

Saso Kiselkov skiselkov.ml at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 20:17:15 UTC 2014

On 4/22/14, 10:08 PM, Richard Elling wrote:
> On Apr 22, 2014, at 10:58 AM, Saso Kiselkov <skiselkov.ml at gmail.com
> <mailto:skiselkov.ml at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>> On 4/22/14, 5:03 PM, Schweiss, Chip wrote:
>>> Are you sure you have SAS multipath disabled on the disk you are trying
>>> to flash?
>>>
>>> I couldn't get these to flash at all with MP enabled.  I too kept
>>> getting OS related errors.
>>>
>>> For one system I did an stmsboot -d, for another I just pulled one of
>>> the SAS cables to each JBOD.
>>
>> Oh, you're right, hadn't considered that. I'll have to try this out,
>> even though it means downtime.
>
> mpathadm(1m) allows you to enable/disable paths on the fly, without
> pulling cables.

I know, but if I understand it correctly, I need to not only disable a
particular path, I need to disable mpath support entirely to get
sg_write_buffer to talk to mpt_sas directly, instead of going through
the scsi_vhci glob in the middle (which, presumably, is what's causing
this problem). If I'm misunderstanding this, please do set me straight.

Cheers,
--
Saso