[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS and Intel Atom Avoton vs. Rangeley

Kai Meder kai at meder.info
Sun Apr 27 20:57:57 UTC 2014

Hello,

I am about to buy either the new Intel Atom C2750 "Avoton" or C2758
"Rangeley", difference being higher Turbo Clocks (Avoton) vs. Intel
QuickAssist support (Rangeley).

Does OmniOS take any advantage of Rangeleys QuickAssist featureset or is
any support forseeable in the future?

Avoton is about 30 EUR more expensive than Rangeley, so if there is only
the slightest support for Rangeley I would buy it and save some money.
However, if there is absolutely no point in buying Rangeleys
QuickAssist-thingy, I will choose Avoton's higher clock speeds and its
30 eur premium...

Thanks