[OmniOS-discuss] Install on (not from) USB-Stick

Kai Meder kai at meder.info
Sun Apr 27 21:17:56 UTC 2014

Thank you,
do you think it's feasible to install OmniOS to a normal SanDisk
MicroSDHC "Ultra" 16GB Class10 Card, via a normal MicroSDHC-USB Adapter?
My current installation takes only 6GB.

I am currently investigating whether their "Ultra"-series also support
any Wear-Leveling of if it is a featureset only available to their top
"Extreme" lines.

Is a modern Lexar/SanDisk USB3-stick >16GB OK as well or is SD to be
preferred in principle?

Thanks