[OmniOS-discuss] Where to Run Omni

Doug Hughes doug at will.to
Mon Feb 3 16:26:56 UTC 2014

On 2/3/2014 10:53 AM, Matthew Mabis wrote:
> This is perfect, I was reading on Hardforum from a user named GEA saying that its unsupported and not recommended about a year ago so i figured why not bring the question to the forum and get the answer to Why!
>
> This information will get things rolling!  Thanks!
>
> Matt Mabis

On a normal spinning disk this has the potential to be questionable
because the head has to seek to get to the zil, and then back again,
especially if you have swap enabled and in use. The OS, though, really
doesn't do much disk activity after being loaded (unless you have a lot
of logging going on), and SSD has no seek penalty, per se.