[OmniOS-discuss] Are reboots hanging on 'rebooting...' still of interest?

Chris Siebenmann cks at cs.toronto.edu
Tue Feb 4 16:27:27 UTC 2014

 Back in October there was a thread about OmniOS systems hanging on
reboot (starting at
http://lists.omniti.com/pipermail/omnios-discuss/2013-October/001494.html).
I now have a OmniOS r151008j install that does this reliably
on a SuperMicro X9SRH-7TF motherboard (and the workaround from
http://lists.omniti.com/pipermail/omnios-discuss/2013-October/001496.html
works for me to work around the issue).

 Is hardware information or other diagnostics from the machine still of
interest to either the list or to individual people? This machine is not
in production so I can easily do experiments on it for people, and I'm
happy to give configuration dumps or whatever you'd find handy.

	- cks