[OmniOS-discuss] LFS Support for Samba

CJ Keist cj.keist at colostate.edu
Mon Feb 10 23:09:24 UTC 2014

Never mind,
    I was missing some developer packages: so along with gcc48 I
installed the following. Not sure which package fixed the issue though.

pkg install pkg:/developer/versioning/git
pkg install pkg:/developer/build/gnu-make
pkg install pkg:/system/header

-------------------------------------

Hello,
    Trying to compile Samba 4.1.4 on OminOS 151.08j-r1.  running
configure I get the following:

Checking getconf LFS_CFLAGS                : -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
Checking getconf large file support flags work : not found
Checking for large file support without additional flags : not found
Checking for -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64                      : not found
Checking for -D_LARGE_FILES                              : not found
Samba requires large file support support, but not available on this
platform: sizeof(off_t) < 8

I have not been able to find anything searching the net on this issue.
Any ideas?

I have gcc 4.8.1 installed.

C. J. Keist                     Email: cj.keist at colostate.edu
Systems Group Manager           Solaris 10 OS (SAI)
Engineering Network Services    Phone: 970-491-0630
College of Engineering, CSU     Fax:   970-491-5569
Ft. Collins, CO 80523-1301

All I want is a chance to prove 'Money can't buy happiness'