[OmniOS-discuss] New to OmniOS (hopefully easy question)

Marc Phillips rmarc at copacetic.net
Sun Feb 16 03:57:06 UTC 2014

I'm trying to get going use OmniOS but can't seem to get paste a basic hurdle.

I installed LTS (I've not tried stable), I then used pkg to install developer/gcc48 (I also tried gcc47)
My goal is to compile and create packages for the services I require.

The first item I'm trying to compile is x11vnc.  When I do a ./configure I get:

checking how to run the C preprocessor... /lib/cpp
configure: error: C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
See `config.log' for more details.

I'm sure I'm glossing over something simple, but I'm at an impass.
Guidance would be appreciated.

R. Marc