[OmniOS-discuss] ZFS on iSCSI Target. OmniOS as Initiator

Svavar Örn Eysteinsson svavar at januar.is
Thu Feb 27 09:54:58 UTC 2014

Hello List.

I'm experimenting with ZFS on a iSCSI target.
Currently I have a OmniOS server which is a iSCSI initiator to a iSCSI
target
located out on the public internet from my hosting provider.

As for now the iSCSI target is about 300GB which I have managed to connect
and created a ZFS pool on the target.

Now for the questions, what would the scenario be if I asked my provider
to extend (grow) the iSCSI target, and how will my ZFS OmniOS box see
the new size ? Do I need any to scrub the pool, or how to I grow my pool
to the new size provided by my hosting provider ?

As before, now I have a 300GB ZFS pool on the iSCSI target.
Which I have mounted and everything seems to work fine.

Later the iSCSI target will be grown to 500GB. Are there anything
special work that needs to be done regarding growing the ZFS datapool from
300GB to 500GB.
(those extra 200GB) ?

Thanks in advance people.

Best regards,