[OmniOS-discuss] Pliant/Sandisk SSD ZIL

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Thu Feb 27 22:01:01 UTC 2014

On 2014-02-27 20:39, Richard Elling wrote:
>> I hope, NFS cached-data syncs and locks, and ZFS write-syncs are
>> not very related in this case (i.e. zfs sync=disabled does not
>> influence co-ordination of NFS data between hosts), right?
>
> Right. The file system is consistent. The NFS sync is for the case when
> the server reboots. As long as your server isn't rebooting, everything
> should be consistent (assuming the clients are configured appropriately)

And "appropriately" is just how much different from "default"?
I.e. if I set sharenfs on the server dataset, and walk in with
autofs + nfs/client from the build host, with no special configs
other than those in solaris 10 or OpenIndiana, is that appropriate?
Or should some specific stuff be configured on clients and servers?

Thanks!
//Jim