[OmniOS-discuss] How do you configure serial ports on OmniOS?

Chris Siebenmann cks at cs.toronto.edu
Fri Feb 28 18:16:45 UTC 2014

 This question makes me feel silly but I'm lost in a confusing maze of
documentation for sacadm, pmadm, and so on and I can't find anything
with web searches. What I would like to do is configure what I believe is
/dev/term/c ('ttyS3' in Linux) to run a getty or the OmniOS/Illumos/etc
equivalent at 115200 baud.

 Relatedly, I'd also like to change the getty-equivalent that 'pmadm -l'
at least theoretically says is talking to /dev/term/a from 9600 baud to
115200 baud. How to do this is also, well, not obvious to me.

(Please note that I do not want to make this the serial console, a
procedure for which there seems to be plenty of documentation. I just
want to be able to log in over that serial port, or it and /dev/term/a.)

 Thanks in advance.

	- cks