[OmniOS-discuss] Newbie to OmniOS

CJ Keist cj.keist at colostate.edu
Fri Jan 10 20:57:31 UTC 2014

Looking to see if OmniOS runs well as a VM with Proxmox?  We are running
Proxmox 3.1-3 currently.  I was able to get OmniOS to install but have
issue in that it is not enabling the 4 cpus I defined for the vm.  Boot
states something like it sees 4 cpus but only enabled one. See
boot-ncpus with eeprom to set more cpus.  I did this and rebooted, but
the system still only enables one cpu of the four.

Setup:
Memory: 4gb
Processors 4(1 socket, 4cores)[qemu64]
hard disk(ide0) format vmdk, cache=writethrough size=12gb
Network Device(net0) e1000 bridge=vmbr0

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

C. J. Keist                     Email: cj.keist at colostate.edu
Systems Group Manager           Solaris 10 OS (SAI)
Engineering Network Services    Phone: 970-491-0630
College of Engineering, CSU     Fax:   970-491-5569
Ft. Collins, CO 80523-1301

All I want is a chance to prove 'Money can't buy happiness'