[OmniOS-discuss] Not a UFS magic Number... Boot OmniOS installation on new Supermicro X10SAE

Saso Kiselkov skiselkov.ml at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 15:05:16 UTC 2014

On 1/12/14, 3:03 PM, Svavar Örn Eysteinsson wrote:
> Well, I've changed the disk from a brand new one, just opened it up from a static bag
> inserted it, and the exact same error messages….
>
> :S
>
> so two disks, no boot….

It's not that I think that the disks would be bad, it's that maybe
there's something written on there that the kernel is misinterpreting as
being a UFS filesystem. If you zero out the initial portions of the
disk, then we know that there's just zeros there, and we will know to
look somewhere else.

--
Saso