[OmniOS-discuss] What are people using as a source of additional packages currently?

Chris Siebenmann cks at cs.toronto.edu
Tue Jan 14 22:02:11 UTC 2014

 When I tested and experimented with OmniOS last year, I used pkgsrc.org
as a general source of additional packages. However it currently seems
to be fairly non-functional on OmniOS (or in general, eg its install
instructions point to things that don't exist right now).

 Is there some generally recommended alternative to pkgsrc, or is
the recommendation to build everything you want yourself?
(Possibly from the pkgsrc source base.)

	- cks